Get your business idea funded and immigrate to Canada permanently. Canada’s new Start-up Visa Program is the first of its kind in the world. It links immigrant entrepreneurs with experienced private sector organizations who are experts in working with start-ups.
There are many reasons why Canada is the best place to build your business.
Canada’s advantages include:
- a strong economy
- low taxes and low business costs
- excellence in research and innovation
- top quality of life
Immigrant entrepreneurs will require investment commitments from a venture capital fund or an angel investor group in order to apply for permanent resident status through the Start-Up Visa Program. An applicant must secure a minimum investment of $200,000 if the investment comes from a designated Canadian venture capital fund or a minimum investment of $75,000 if the investment comes from a designated Canadian angel investor group. Applicants will also need to meet general program requirements, such as language proficiency and academic experience.
The following is a list of the venture capital funds and angel investor groups that will participate in the Start-Up Visa Program:
Venture Capital Funds
- BDC Venture Capital
- Blackberry Partners Fund II LP (doing business as Relay Ventures Fund II)
- Celtic House Venture PartnersDRI Capital Inc.
- Celtic House Venture Partners Fund III L.P.
- Celtic House Venture Partners Fund IV LP
- Golden Opportunities Fund Inc.
- iNovia Capital Inc.
- New Brunswick Innovation Foundation Inc.
- Northwater Intellectual Property Fund
- OMERS Ventures Management Inc.
- Pangaea Ventures Fund III, LP
- PRIVEQ Capital Funds
- PRIVEQ III Limited Partnership
- PRIVEQ IV Limited Partnership
- Quorum GroupRho Canada Ventures
- Advantage Growth (No.2) L.P.
- Ontario SME Capital Corporation
- Quorum Investment Pool Limited Partnership
- Quorum Secured Equity Trust
- Summerhill Venture Partners Management Inc.
- Tandem Expansion Management Inc.
- Vanedge Capital Limited Partnership
- Version One Ventures
- Wellington Financial LP
- Westcap Mgt. Ltd.
- Yaletown Venture Partners Inc.
Angel Investor Groups
- Angel One Network Inc.
- First Angel Network Association
- Golden Triangle Angel Network
Our goal is to provide each client with a successful outcome by determining the most appropriate solution. If you would like to know whether you could be eligible to immigrate to Canada, we invite you to complete our online assessment questionnaire.
If you are interested in seeking professional assistance to guide you through the immigration process or if you have any questions, please contact us.